Keeping up with the latest buzz is imperative because we need more information to keep up with the opportunities. It’s not surprising anymore with the penetration of the internet worldwide, the influx of data that is accessible to us, and that too with lightning speed. How did we switch to the latest short news apps from our fixed bulletin time with our television? How come we started scrolling screens instead of the newspaper? Well! It didn’t happen overnight but with gradual and deep-level integration of interactive media in journalism and the entertainment industry.
From the lallantop live tv to cracking sports news, all are influenced by media and lets take a look at it.
Interactive media is about empowering people in how they interpret information and the pattern they want to follow for their daily content consumption. Traditional media like radio and television allowed them to connect to the world, but that was a one-sided affair as all we could do was switch channels. Interactive media will enable users to engage actively on different channels, and various technologies in different phases have played a crucial role in normalizing the way interactive media functions.
Let’s have a walk-through of all interactive media elements contributing to the seamless experience and wide accessibility of content to users worldwide, be it a fun video or a detailed text news article.
Ever wondered how come so many short news apps and video news apps are providing the best-in-class information 24*7 and how do they stay afloat with all the latest trends? Let’s find it out below:
- Personalization: Users can now have total control over what they watch through customizable features in news feeds, daily recommendations, tailored advertising wishlists, etc. This way, personalization works wonders in enhancing users’ experiences as they can navigate only through the content genre they prefer.
- Real-time communication: Short news apps in video format or text news in short form and other interactive media channels facilitate direct interaction with their users, simplifying the news dissemination process and encouraging responsible reporting. These news channels now have active social media accounts that enable the operation of live streaming and instant messaging, making news consumption more dynamic.
- Citizen-based journalism: Interactive media has played an active role in smashing the set norms of only the designated reporters doing the job of news-narrating. Now every individual has the platform to flex their content creation skills, whether by vlogging real incidents or operating a personalized video news platform. Where they can report events, share eyewitness stories, and contribute to the field of journalism.
- Data and analytics: Data is the prime driving force behind the popularity of interactive media, as with the bulk of data generated from the user’s end, it acts like a powerful tool for media organizations. With this data, they formulate strategies to align their content accordingly, determine their target audience, and increase user engagement and advertising strategies.
- Integrating various multimedia tools: interactive media is the blend of all the essential elements, such as images, videos, audio, and interactive graphics, that contribute to the effectiveness of story-telling and enhance the level of immersiveness. Even a news website that presents daily bulletin in the form of 60 word news has some element of creativity and data analytics involved into it for increased visibility.
There are various other segments of interactive media, such as mobile accessibility, gamification methods that are capable of captivating audiences, and social influence and virality that have shaped the media industry worldwide. How news is produced, shared, and consumed nowadays is phenomenal in multiple aspects.